Susquehanna Appalachian Trail Club
Susquehanna Appalachian Trail Club offers an extensive schedule of activities including scores of group hikes each year with many social and natural exploration possibilities, and numerous trail work outings building our trails and a special sense of camaraderie at the same time!
SATC is one of thirty-one groups that maintain part of the Appalachian Trail, a footpath following the crest of the Appalachian Mountains for over 2,180 miles from Maine to Georgia. SATC is a Pennsylvania incorporated 501(c)3 charitable not-for-profit organization. SATC volunteers contribute well over a thousand hours each year toward the care and preservation of this and other footpaths in Central Pennsylvania.
SATC invites you to join in exploring and learning about nature on scheduled group hikes, in caring for our footpaths, and in helping to
preserve and conserve our trail lands. Scheduled hikes and trail care outings are open to everyone - membership,
while welcome, is not required.
SATC's Annual Holiday Party
- Saturday, December 5, 2015
- 5:30 PM – Social Time
- 6:00 PM – Dinner
- Lemoyne Borough Community Room, 510 Herman Ave. Lemoyne, PA
- Please bring a salad, covered dish, or dessert. Beverages, roasted turkey and baked ham will be provided by SATC. (A $5 donation is welcome instead of bringing a food item. Pay at the door.) Bring your own place setting and bag to take home your dirty dishes.
- You must RSVP by Wednesday, December 2nd with number attending, food item and/or monetary donation to Sharon Shellenberger at Sharonshellenberger@gmail.com. Let Sharon know if you have an item to donate for a door prize.
- Volunteers are encouraged to arrive at 4:30 pm to help with set-up or stay afterward to help with cleanup. Thank you!
- Directions: From 3rd Street in Lemoyne, turn west onto Herman Avenue. The Borough building is a couple blocks down on the left. Parking and entrance are behind the building. Additional parking is available on the street.
Backpacker Magazine's Hike the "AT In A Day"
On June 20th, SATC participated in Backpacker Magazine's "AT In A Day" event by hiking on the Appalachian Trail from PA Route 147 to the Clarks Ferry Shelter.
This earth we know.
This earth does not belong to us; we belong to the earth.
This we know.
All things are connected like the blood which unites one family.
All things are connected.
~ Chief Seattle